Friday, July 16, 2010

Hello Summer

To the very few readers I have I am pretty sure you might be thinking I have fallen off the face of the earth. Although it sounds very tempting, I have not. I have obviously taken the same attitude about blogging that I seem to have about writing in my journal. I have very good intentions, but the entries are few and far between.

Lots of fun things have happened since my last blog. Some birthdays, holidays, nervous breakdowns....ok maybe not, but that would be a good excuse to not be caught up. Anyway, we are enjoying the summer and it is going WAY too fast. The biggest "event" that has shaped our summer started the week before spring break. B decided she wanted to try out for cheer. I was SURE there was no chance she was going to make it and she tried out. This sweet girl who has never taken a dance class, struggled through every tumbling class she has ever taken, and bless her blondeness has a general lack of coordination (which she gets from her mother), pulled it off and made the team. I am now a cheer mom which is something I never thought I would say. I am very proud of her. She worked REALLY hard, and she seems to be having a good time. It did rearrange our summer, but that's turned out to be a very good thing.



M&M graduated from 5th grade and will be going to middle school next year. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact I have to throw her into the armpit of life so soon, and so small. I keep praying for a growth spurt, but it's not happening. She can't even reach the top shelf in the lockers. I will just have to have faith that B will take good care of her. I also need to remember what she lacks in size she makes up for in attitude. She will be just fine, I am a little worried about myself though.




Roo graduated from pre-school this spring. WHOOO-HOOO!!!! Hellooooo kindergarten. In an effort to save money our district has gone to full days every other day for the kindergarten, except two school, one of which happens to be our school, who will have the kindergarten go all day 4 days a week. (insert happy dance here) I am very excited, but secretly a little sad. No more entertainment during the day. No one bossing me around. I will miss it, but with a smile on my face. I have already wished her teacher good luck. Now I will just have to figure out who I want to be when I grow up...or if I want to grow up.



Summer is slipping away way too fast. Our vacation has come and gone. I will blog about it soon. I promise. I have to say I am loving sleeping in every day. Girls camp is almost here, and I get to go again. Yay me! I love those girls. And I love camp. I am going to enjoy every minute of summer I can.

No comments: