Friday, June 26, 2009

Belated Father's Day

Last sunday I had very good intentions of getting on here and paying tribute to my father whom I adore. I also need to let the father of my girlies know how fabulous I think he is.....which is why I didn't get anything posted. I was busy making breakfast, lunch. homemade bread, and dinner for my hubby. They say the way to a man's heart is through he stomach, but I am not sure about that. Anyway, with all the time in the kitchen, I just didn't want to sit in there any longer and spend time on the computer. So I am taking the chance, almost a week late to make up for my laziness.

I have always considered myself a daddy's girl. I love my mom, don't get me wrong, but I would always rather be outside helping my dad than stuck in the house. I grew up mowing lawn, helping haul hay, working in the garden (that one was not something I did willingly), just about anything I could do to stay out of the house. I used to LOVE when my dad would drive us to "the lake" on hot afternoon's. We usually went in our old Willy's Jeep. It was a hoot to ride in. I think my girlies would rather walk than ride in that old Jeep, but I loved it. My dad would steak out a place in the sand and settle in for a siesta. Jeans, long sleeved button up shirt, cowboy boots and all. He would put his hat on his face and just hang out until it was time to go home. We could spot him from anywhere. I hope my kids can back and remember some of the things their dad does. Anyway, I love my dad and have always tried my hardest to make him proud of me. That respect for my dad kept me out of a lot of trouble. My dad waited up for me every time I went out. I knew that no matter what I did, he would be waiting up and I would have to face him when I got home. I am sure I did some things he would not approve of, but nothing that I regret, or that would surprise him if he found out. I am so glad that I got to have the dad that I have.

The other dad in my life is the father of my sweet girlies. He is an amazing dad. He lives in the estrogen ocean and nothing ruffles his feathers. He humors the girls with almost everything they want to do. He spoils them dang near rotten. Roo reminds me on a regular basis that her dad would do whatever I won't for her. He is an amazing man and I am so glad that we can be a family together. For Father's Day last year he told me all he wanted to do is go to Vegas for breakfast at a buffet. Since that wasn't going to happen, we made him his own buffet here at home. Now it seems to be a tradition. The girls love it and he fusses over them and makes them feel like a million dollars. I am so glad he is such a good dad.

This week has been another long one at our house. Roo has been sick most of the week. Poor thing hasn't kept much down. Hubby has been out of town so I have been on sick kid duty by myself. She was soooo glad to see him come in the door this afternoon. Then M&M had an alergy attack and her eyes started to swell. We ended up at the doctor with her. She was sure that she had pink eye, but she didn't. We did find out that she weighs 50 lbs. and is 50 inches tall. (she's 10....and a pip-squeek). Three years ago at her last visit she was 47 lbs. and 45 inches tall. I would love to have only gained three lbs. in three years. She didn't get that from me. Anyway, I am hoping for a quick recovery of Roo and spending some time as a family this week-end.

1 comment:

{krista} said...

I hope Roo is feeling better now! yeah for the hubby finally coming home. Justin was a square child at one time weighing 48 pounds at 48 inches. Good times!

I always liked your dad, he was (and still is, I'm sure, though I never see or talk to him) such a neat guy.