Thursday, June 18, 2009

Catch up

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I am quite a slacker these days. I have been up to my eyeballs in summer and not taken the chance to sit down and blog. Shame on me. I have been thoroughly enjoying NOT getting up at 6:30 a.m. In fact I should get up earlier than I am. Maybe next week. I have been very good about getting my exercise. It is so much fun to do with three little girls heckling me the entire time. This morning I was down on my elliptical machine with Roo (formerly known as my baby) telling me to get off because it was her turn the entire time. As soon as I was done, she wanted nothing to do with it. Go figure. Little stinker. So far summer has been good. Rainy, but good. The fighting amongst the natives is at a minimum most of the time. We have Movie Monday, library Weds. and they and trying to fit as many friends in between that as they can.



Roo started swim lessons this last week and it will be quite an adventure. Their poor teacher has three little stinkers in this class that do not want to do anything....including Roo. I do a lot of coaxing and a little bit of threatening. She is now much less afraid of the water and I am hoping by the end of lessons she will actually put her head under. She is cracking me up by randomly plugging her nose and sinking just up to her eyes in slow motion. I was glad I took my video camera the first day to catch her in action. Her sisters are feeling quite ripped off that they don't get lessons but have come along and cheered her on. They are such good big sisters.



Tues. night I had my card swap meeting. (can you hear the hallelujah choir in the background?) As always it was awesome. Cute cards, great time to wind down. I am loving it. I forgot to take a pic of my card before I gave them away. It wasn't my favorite card, so I didn't make one for myself. The project was a lot of fun. We made Father's Day card with clear scraps. It is this really cool clear plastic stuff you can cut on your cricut and then we colored it and it makes a very cute, quick card. Did I mention I just love to go to swap nights?

Now we need to figure out what to do for Hubby for Father's Day. He is so very hard to figure out when it comes to what he needs. Last year he wanted to go to Vegas and eat at a buffet for Father's day. Since that wasn't something we could do at the time, the girls and I made our own buffet and called it the "Lost Wages" buffet. I would love to do it again, but church is at 9 and in order to get that all done I would have to get up WAY too early. I will have to figure something else out. I will have plenty of help because the girls like to spoil their daddy.

Maybe I will take the time to play today. I haven't even taken time to do anything fun. Maybe I will just sit back and enjoy not having anything much to do.

1 comment:

{krista} said...

Are you doing lessons at the neighbors again? I hope Roo gets the hang of it soon! CUTE CUTE cards, as always.