Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's all about keeping them happy


Today actually started several weeks ago with a phone call. It went something like.....
Hello?
Hi Julia. How bad do you not want to be an art mom for school?
I really don't want to be an art mom.
Ok, great. Which class do you want to be in?
I really don't want to be an art mom.
Good, I will put you in the 6th grade. I will get you the lesson plans and then you can coordinate a time to get with the teacher. Thanks so much.

End of conversation. I stood there thinking, "didn't I just say I don't want to be an art mom?" So I guess I am an art mom and after much dragging of my feet I scheduled with the teacher and went in and did my first lesson today. I almost hate to admit it was actually fun. I have an awesome person who has volunteered (by choice) to help me and the class is a great group of kids. They wanted to stay and do art instead of go to p.e. I think that is quite a compliment coming from a 6th grader. The best part of the whole thing was seeing my 6th grader happy to see me there. I even managed to get through the whole hour with out embarassing her. So after much agonizing I realized it is all about keeping them happy and knowing there are little things we can do for them so they will always remember mom loves them.

No comments: