Monday, October 27, 2008

Card Swap card and Costco


The theme for next months card swap is chipboard. I have never done a whole lot with chipboard, I thought the purpose of chipboard was to collect the cute stuff in the drawer to get out and look at every once in a while. That always makes me feel better, but anyway.......back to the swap card. I have a very talented sister-in-law who got me hooked on the carousel notes in the Stampin' Up! catty. Then she introduced me to the classy brass that co-ordinates with it. You would think she is the Stampin' Up! demonstrator, not me. I wanted a card that wasn't the same ol' thing so I decided I could make my own carousel notes with the classy brass template. This was quite a project, but I am excited about how it turned out. My 12 year old approves too and that is always a bonus. I just hope the gals in the swap like it. I have to say I LOVE the snowflake die from the big shot machine. I am going to have to spend a lot more time figuring out fun stuff to do with that.


The other exciting thing going on at our house, ok maybe just to me, is the opening of Costco last week. Wooo-hoooo! I wasn't going to go opening day, but when my hubby asked if I wanted to go I just couldnt' resist. It was WAY too crowded, and worth every minute, and every dollar we spent. This is monumental in our town. Most stores choose to locate about 45 minutes away, but not Costco. This could be a beautiful thing. Hopefully it will draw a few more businesses into our neck of the woods. I have been twice now, just because I could. This morning was much better than the madness last week, but to think I can go any time I want just makes me giddy. Now if only we could get a real craft store and a Target, my life here would be just about perfect.

1 comment:

{krista} said...

CUTE card! I love the snowflake.

I guess you deserve to have the costco, since we got everything else! ~krista