Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas break, here we come...


I just sent the girls out the door for their last day of school for 2008. Where has the time gone? I now have exactally 6 hours and a few minutes to get all the wrapping of the presents done and be ready to have them home for two weeks. I am VERY excited to not have to get up at 6:30 every morning. Not so excited about the constant fighting I am anticipating. I am hoping that my kids aren't the only ones that fight more around Christmas just because they get so excited and just can't control their little selves. On the other hand, a Christmas miracle may happen and they might just get along. The whole two weeks. Wait
there I go daydreaming again.....but it is a nice
thought.


This morning as I was getting the girls ready for school M&M informed me she has three more friends who she wanted to give presents to. Nice. I wanted to ask her if she realized that it is 6:45 the morning of her last day of school before the break and she should have let me know before now, but being the good mom I want to be, I sucked it up and went in and got three more presents together. We made them a version on the ormanents in the picture above. Since I can't figure out how to get my pictures moved around, that's where they will be, but anyway, they are fun to make and really easy. The best part is the glitter is inside and doesnt' get all over the place. Anyway, I was not impressed when she left them sitting on the kitchen counter and I had to drive them to the bus stop. Kids.....what would we do to keep our lives exciting if we didnt' have them.
I better get wrappin'. Soon as we deliver presents I will post pictures of the jars we did for some of our friends and the boxes I made for hubbies bro's. They turned out really cute, but I probably shouldn't post them just yet....just in case. Have a happy day and for those of you who are like me, enjoy the last day of school before the kids are home!


1 comment:

{krista} said...

I should have stayed home today and wrapped presents, but instead we went shopping and finished up. It was SO DANG COLD!!!

I, too, am looking forward to sleeping in the rest of the year, too!