Monday, December 22, 2008

Hide and seek shopping

I wanted to take a minute this morning to post a funny story that happened while I was Christmas shopping this year. In the past I have been able to sneak stuff in the cart and have been doing that a little this year. It has been pretty successful. I was shopping with a friend earlier in the month and spotted a Dora backpack that my baby thought she had to have for Christmas. Tis the time of year that if you find it, you better buy it so I hid it in the cart like I usually do. We continued shopping and I forgot about that backpack......until I hear a sweet voice filled with excitement say "oh thank you mamma, I lub it". Busted. She found the backpack while I was in a shopping frenzy and attatched herself to it. Literally. She put it on and wouldn't take it off. We told her it was for our friends 12 year old daughter. Good thing she doesn't realize Dora isn't exactally what 12 year old girls are asking for this year. We left with a broken heart and a promise she could come see it at Dani's house. I felt terrible, but I know that she will be very excited when she sees the backpack from Santa on Christmas morning. It is sad to know that gone are the days I can do my shopping with a toddler in tow. She is just too smart.

Now I need to get on with my Christmas goodies. A quick trip to the store in the snow and we are in business. The girls are out for Christmas break and the trick to keeping them from fighting is going to be keeping them busy. If I don't post again, Happy Holidays. Remember to tell the ones you love that you do love them and appreciate them for all they do. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

{krista} said...

yeah, it won't be long and you'll get to the checkout and discover that she's added 20 things to the cart without you noticing! LOL

Have a good Christmas!!!