Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Anniversary/Memorial day week-end

Friday was Hubby and I's anniversary. It was a good one. We weren't lacking for adventure though. Thurs. afternoon the pump to the well went out. No water. Not a drizzle. So we were very glad we had made reservations for our anniversary and were headed out of town to a hotel with running water. Since we did not know how long we were going to be out of water, I ran to the laundra-mat before we left town. 6 loads of laundry in a little over an hour. That felt good. Major accomplishment. If it weren't so creepy there, I might consider doing that more often.

Friday afternoon we left our waterless abode and headed north. Dropped the girls off at grandma and pa's house and enjoyed the sweet silence. No one griping they were bored. No screaming because someone is doing something someone else didn't like. Just a nice quiet ride. The hotel was beautiful. First thing I did upon arrival was turn every faucet on and flush the toilet, just because I could. That should not have been the first thing on my mind, but the fact I could shower or bath anytime I wanted was very exciting. I definately wanted to stay one....or twelve more nights please. It was the perfect place to spend our anniversary.

Saturday we decided on a whim to go see if we could get a massage. This is way out of our comfort zone. I didn't think Nate would actually go through with it. When we made the appt. he made it VERY clear that he did not want the male massage therapist. He had visions of Seinfeld going through his head. Silly boy. I wasn't sure I wanted someone named Ben that up close and personal with me either, but we went for it anyway. It was a very wise move. I couldn't believe an hour had actually passed. Ben is very good at his job. I am thinking that needs to be a regular date night activity. Nate enjoyed it so much he asked the girl that worked on him if she was married. Very funny dear.

Time to go pick the girls up always rolls around way too fast. I love my girls, but I also love having a little break from them. Especially when I get to spend time alone with my hubby. The fact that when we got home there was still no water didn't help much. Thanks mom for doing the girl's laundry. I am not quite so far behind now.

As of today all is well. The water is back, they finished up about 15 minutes before we got home from church. I swear I have never been so thirsty, or needed to use the bathroom more than when we didn't have water. I have always been very good at wanting things I know I cannot have.

Today we are spending some time at home catching up. We need to go visit the cemetary, but don't look forward to that task. It is very daunting and it is still hard. It is a day to reflect those who have gone before us to a better place. Especially those who have given thier lives for the freedom we enjoy. Hope you take a moment to remember those in your lives who have gone before you too.

Now it is back to school tomorrow to finish up the year of school. Only three more days. That is a very good thing.

1 comment:

{krista} said...

Just because you could... that's funny. I'm glad the water is back! The anniversary weekend sounds heavenly. It's been a long time since we've been anywhere like that.