Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

To all those Mother's out there in the trenches I wish you Happy Mother's Day. This is a day of reflection for me. I think about my Mom and all the things she has taught me to do. She has helped shape me into the person I have become. I am so thankful for the great example that she has set for me. I hope I can be an example for my girls so they want to grow up and be Mom's too. I also have to give a shout our to my Mother-in-law. Without her, I would not have my hubby dear and who knows where I would be without him. I am in-debted to her for raising a son who spoils me rotten and is an amazing Dad.

Today in church we had several Mom's speak about mother-hood. I admire every woman who spoke today and think they did a great job. I will do well if I use them as examples. It makes me feel good to know this is a journey we, as mother's, take together. No one is perfect, no one has perfect children. We all have our ups and downs. I had to laugh as one of my friends reminded me of the first time one of her children lost their lunch all over the carpet and she realized she was now the mom and she had to clean it up. I am so glad I am done with dirty diapers, and only have one more kiddo left to help learn to ride a bike. I love the little every day things my kids do to let me know they need me.....and I know I need them.

Motherhood is definately a privelidge and a great adventure and I wouldn't trade it for the world. It isn't easy, and sometimes it is the hardest thing I have ever done. But no matter what these girlies throw at me, I am glad I am thier mom.

No comments: