Thursday, May 7, 2009

Blessed

It has been one of "those" weeks at our house. One that I just want to sit in a corner and cry....perferably with a diet pepsi in one hand and some form of chocolate, or another diet pepsi in the other. I have shed more than a few tears (no, I was not it a corner, but I wanted to be) and now it is time to move on and just be thankful for all the things I have been blessed with. I even have a few examples...

This is a picture of my baby's latest form of tantrum.
She sure showed me. She gets mad, tells me off a little, or a lot depending on the mood and then puts her little self right to bed. She thinks it is a punishment to me, and by golly I will suck it up and take that punishment. It gives me a few moments of quiet which I will gladly accept.

I got to go to my stamp group Tues. night and it was amazing as always. I havent' taken a picture to show the treasures I got, but I will. I always feel better after our meeting. I should pay my sister-in-law who invited me go.....the therapy is good and I feel like I can conquer just a little bit more after I have spent some time playing.

My class supplies didn't show up in time for my class on Weds. morning. Yes, it is a blessing. My Monday and Tues (up until Tues night's meeting of course) were pretty rotten, and I couldn't have handled a class Weds. morning. By the time I got my supplies Weds. afternoon and I threw the kits together the world was looking better and it gave me something else to think about. Plus, I got my new paper in my order and love it. New scrapbook paper always makes me happy, even if I have enough to last probably the rest of my life.

My girls piano teacher picked up their gold cups they earned from festival. She rocks. I didn't know if we were going to get them or not. She has only been their piano teacher for a few months. Our previous teacher got them to festival, but has quit teaching piano due to other opportunities that have come up. We miss her, and wish her well, but it has been a positive change and the girls are loving the new teacher too. It made my day when she emailed me and told me she had their cups. It was just a very thoughtful thing to do.

I have had a great time with my classes the last two days. I have such good friends who are so patient with me. I hope I can return the kindness to them when they need it.

My biggest blessing is my sweet hubby. I do not think I would be able to acomplish the things I do without his love and support. He is always watching out for others and serving them even when it isn't necessary. He is a great example to me. He is an amazing Dad and I really hope that he knows how much I love him. (and no dear, it has nothing to do with the Mother's Day present you let me order myself)

Every once in a while I need to just take a step back and be thankful for what I have and it makes everything else just a little easier.

1 comment:

{krista} said...

It's always nice to step back and remind us of all our blessings in times when we really need reminded. What present did you order for yourself???