Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hot Lava

Tonight we decided to take the girls and head on down to Lave Hot Springs, or as the girls refer to it "hot lava". I forget that is not what it's real name is. I don't know why but it always intrigues me to sit and watch people at Hot Lava. LOTS of women wearing bikini's that probably shouldn't be, girls who are wearing board shorts and t-shirts, who could probably get away with a bikini, but I applaud their modesty. The teen's running around trying to get noticed. The mom's like me doing what ever they can not to get noticed, which is really hard to do when I hang with a 3 year old that stalks other children. (long story) I am always glad I am a woman when we go anywhere that swimwear is required. Thank goodness we didn't see any speedo's tonight. I always get a kick out of the girls when they see a guy in a speedo. I don't care how good looking you are.....no one looks good in one of those. And I would love to not know exactally what you are packin' if ya know what I mean. There is not a lot of variety in men's swimwear, and I am really glad to get to be a little bit more covered up.

Makes me think back to when my Dad used to take us swimming at the local watering hole. He would settle in on the beach in his jeans, button down the front long sleeve shirt, boots and then he would put his hat on his face and take a nap. There was no missing where he was. We just looked for the guy that was way overdressed for the beach. Back then I didn't even realize that he never came in with us. Now I am wondering what he would have done if we would have drowned.....or if he would have slept through the whole thing. All I know is we were just happy to be there and there is no way I would ever, ever let my kids get in that water. Ewwww.

But tonight was a good break. The girls watched a movie on the way there and back, and were ready to go to bed when we got home. I just hope I can pry their tired little selves out of bed at the crack of dawn to go to church. No matter how hard it is, Hot Lava was definately worth it.

1 comment:

{krista} said...

How fun! Glad you didn't see any speedos! There is nothing yuckier, especially an old leathery man on a speedo walking down the sidewalk in hawaii. Oh the memories! We avoid the "beach" as far as the water goes. The toys, the bike path - that's all that's worth going for anymore!