Friday, February 13, 2009

The lipstick miracle

I had the strangest, coolest thing happen to me today. Hubby came home this morning with Valentine flowers in hand and asked if we wanted to go out to lunch. (no...that is not the strange part, but it was very cool). We decided to go to the taco bus. This is a great little mexican restaraunt that used to be a bus, and after much community debate, had the opportunity to move into a permanent building. I did not have the privelige to go to the bus. I try not to eat places that may not be there the next time I have a hankerin for a good taco. But we do love the restaurant. I have to admit I don't even know how to pronounce the real name of this place, we jsut call it the taco bus, because that is what it was. I just know I love the #1 with an extra taco. The kids even love it there, and there are very few places that can make all of us happy.

Sooooo, we were sitting at the table and the owner's wife came to the table and held out a tube of lipstick. She asked if it was mine. I looked and it and, it looked familiar and then, HOLY COW! I have been looking for that lipstick since November. I LOVE that lipstick. I finally broke down and bought another one. Mary Kay couture pink. Love the star and the glitter on the side. I mourned the day I lost it. The miracle part is I lost it 2 or 3 months ago. I was baffled. How in the world did she figure out it was MY lipstick? This place is packed every day for lunch. Granted it is a lot of men, construction workers, business men you know the kind of place. But there are women like me who love to eat there. The owner's wife just smiled and said "I think I know you, and thought it might be yours." I was reunited with a long lost friend. Granted it did get a little hot sitting in the kitchen and the end is a little melted, but she's back. Taco bus now has a new best customer. What great customer service, not to mention honesty. Most places would have thrown it away without a thought. So if you are ever in my neck of the woods and you need a great place to eat, let me know and I will give you directions to the taco bus and I might even meet you there for lunch. Thank you taco bus for my lipstick miracle.

1 comment:

{krista} said...

Oh my freakin heck, that is so funny! We have a taco bus here in the Abbotts parking lot, but I'm afraid of it. LOL