Thursday, February 12, 2009

Who is that masked girl?

I got the "opportunity" to go to school at the crack of dawn this morning to help B's class with the art mom program. I don't think I have kept it a secret how I feel about this program. It is great....as long as I don't have to do it. I do have to say my heart has been softened just a bit today. I am still not happy with having to be there at 8 A.M. How in the world to people get to thier jobs every day? Anyway, today was mask making day.
B has been talking about this day for a long time. It is a right of passage of the sixth grade at our school. Then reality set in and she wasn't sure she wanted to do it. I have to say, once they got settled in the kids were awesome. And the masks turned out really good. I am sure that the teachers would like them to have to stay on longer.....like most of the day. B thought she would have time to take a nap, but the plaster was pretty quick to dry and she may have been disappointed.
I was glad I thought to grab my camera to document the occasion. I wish I would have been thinking when there was a group of boys huddled around her and she was laying on the floor oblivious to the attention she was getting. Cracks me up to watch my little girl turning into a young woman.


After today I am thinking if they are still doing masks when M&M gets to 6th grade, I will go in for the day to help. Don't know if I want to be an art mom, but I would love to go help her class. It is fun to watch the excitement as they pull the masks off their faces, not quite sure what to expect.

Now I need to go clean up after my very sad open house I did for Stampin' Up! last night. I am grateful for my sister-in-law and one friend who came so I didn't feel like a total loser. On the bright side I am the proud owner of all but two of my door prizes. Score for me :).

1 comment:

{krista} said...

Okay, those masks are so neat.... and dang, that sucks about the open house. Yesterday was a major sucky weather day, though, so I'm sure that didn't help.