Monday, March 9, 2009

Card swap, sweet card swap

This has been a rough week at our house. I don't know why, just can't put my finger on it. I have been trying to get a minute to sit down and share my treasures I got at my monthly Paper Chain meeting (card swap). I look forward to this every month. I have even been known to dream about what I might create.....or recieve from our monthly swap. This month it was scheduled the same day as my older girls piano festival. I knew I would be late, but my dear sweet hubby saved the day and stayed in town to work so I would only be 15 minutes late instead of 35. The girls ARE more important than stamping even if at times they might feel otherwise. By the way, they both got superior's, earned the coveted "cup" and I am hoping we are done with festival. Now, back to paper chain,

The theme this month was "anything but a card". I decided to make a small scrapbook I saw Roxy make on splitcoaststampers. Although I have neve met Roxy, and probably never will due to the fact she lives in Canada, I think she is very talented. Here is what I came up with.
The top picture is picture of the book closed. The bottom picture is a poorly taken picture of half the inside open, and half closed. I just couldn't figure out how to make it look right.

Here are the pictures of what I got from the very talented group of women I swap with. I always feel like I hit the lottery.

One of the boxes is full of treats, the other has bath salts that have been colored with Stampin' Up! reinker's and scented with essential oils. The little white box has a beautifully embossed seashell scene on it and inside is a sand dollar and a poem about sand dollars that is amazing. I love the new way the notebook is covered. May have to be my new place to keep my scedule or something. The red square is actually a canvas that has been painted and then designer paper glued on top. They are meant to have a picture modge podged on top and used as a wall decoration. The project we made is the little book with all the ribbons. It is made from name badge holders and we decorated a front cover and back cover and the middle one's are meant for those store cards you can never find in your wallet but always need. I have to say the women out did themselves again and I have all my treasures still sitting on the table where I can enjoy them.

Now I need to start thinking on my next months project. Let the creativity begin :).

1 comment:

{krista} said...

These are SO CUTE!!! What talent you and your friends have. Makes me wish I was this creative with paper. I can't believe how far scrapbooking and stamping has come from pictures and cards.