Monday, March 2, 2009

This week-end the hubby and I attended a Luau at the church. He was asked to be part of the "syncronized swimming" team. He said he wasn't real happy about it, but I know he was secretly excited about it. He has this hidden party boy inside. Not many have seen it, but it's in there. Anyway, he ended up leading the swim team....and did a fabulous job. I don't think I have ever seen a group of sync. swimmers do the "bicycle" so well. I took the video camera and got it all on tape. (I was secretly going to post it here.....but don't tell him that.) Just before the swimming, there was a hula hoop contest. I thought that would be fun to watch. A bunch of grown women up trying to hula hoop.....what a kick. Then I heard my name called. Who me???? I do not hula. I can not hula. Are you kidding me? Next thing I know there I am standing there wondering how I am going to pull this off. The music started, I took a breath and spun the hoop. Holy cow, I can hula hoop. Never have been able to keep a hula hoop up in my life. But I ROCKED. Never dropped the hula hoop. I had the contest in the bag....but due to the fact I was sort of hiding in the corner the MC didn't notice and the award was given to the woman who was right in front of him. I was robbed. But not really. I was more in shock that I had just hulla'd for that amount of time. Plus my friend had thought to pick up the video camera and get it on tape. Now I had proof.

After the swimmer's were done I went to watch the replay and the dang disk won't play. I know it recorded. It just won't play. What the?????? This is the second disk the camera has done this to. I went on line last night and the Sony peeps said I have to send it in. After much searching for a reciept and no success, I called Best Buy where my husband bought the camcorder for me. Not only do they have the reciept, but he bought the extended warranty. He is amazing. Now I just need to take it up north and see if they can fix it. Hopefully we will be able to prove to our girls that their mom and dad rock.....or that they should be really glad that they were not there to claim us. Did I mention Nate should have won the best leg contest? I am sure he definately had the best legs of all the swimmers. Either way it was a great night and we had a great time hanging out with our friends and neighbors.

1 comment:

{krista} said...

dang, that sounds hilarious! Too bad teh camera wont' work, darn thing.