Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Honda vs. Ferrari....

This week-end our family stopped for dinner on the way to a birthday part for my nephew. My hubby thinks it is funny that I just can't get what happened out of my head. It's not even that big of a deal, other than I now know that my sweet hubby is respectful and not a slimeball.

Let me explain. We got seated in one of those horse shoe shaped booths with the full circus going on. The baby popping in and out of the bottom of the table, swinging on the nearby rail, anything but sitting quietly. I am always a little nervous about her tripping the unsuspecting servers on thier way by. The other two do pretty good, but it's always and experience to go eat with the kids in tow. As we were sitting there, a very pretty girl, I would say in her early/mid 20's walked by. She even got my attention and knowing that, I checked to see if she had gotten hubby's attention. She had (he later rated her a 9 1/2....which is not something I have ever heard him do outloud before, but I would probably agree). I made it very clear that I understand him taking one good look, but any more drooling would not be accepted. Then we entertained ourselves as we watched the reactions to several men in the restaraunt. One even left the side of his wife, to sit by his friend and get a better look. This guy wasn't even "sneakin" a look, it was an all out stare. Creepy. The manager was over there quite a bit too. Hmmmm.
Then I got to thinking. Because we are a car family I told hubby my analogy. He came into the restaurant with a perfectly good Honda (that would be me). Nothing out of the ordinary, just a good reliable Honda. He appreciates his Honda, but when a newer model Ferrari walks by, of course he is going to look, even though he knows he still has his Honda. Sure the Honda would LOVE to be that Ferrari, but without the $50,000 or more it would take to overhaul the Honda, he will just have to be happy with what he has. I was however very glad to get back to the car and away from the Ferrari. The conversation going on at that table was less than kid friendly. The Ferrari's friends talk like they came out of the county dump if ya know what I mean. Like I said, I don't know why I have been thinking about that, but it really made me appreciate my hubby and the love and respect he shows me on a daily basis. I will keep trying to be a little more like the Ferrari, but I will always be the Honda, a good reliable wife who may need a little tuning up every once in a while, but will always be there when he needs me.

On a side note, anyone who wants to take advantage of sale-a-bration, time is running out. I got some new stuff today and hope to get time to stamp so I can post some new stuff soon.

Have a good one, and don't forget to appreciate the ones you love.

1 comment:

{krista} said...

Great analogy! Though I feel more like an old 78 Datsun some days... LOL