Thursday, April 9, 2009

April Card Swap

Well, it has happened once again. A fabulous night with my card swap group. I look forward to swap night every month. I feel a little spoiled to be able to spend some time with such a great group of women. This month's theme was You've been Cased. The challenge was to find a card we like and then make two changes to it to make it our own. I love the cards everyone did.



The tin in the picture is actually the project that I brought to make. It turned out pretty cute. I have to say I cased it off of splitcoaststampers. I had to change mine because I bought the wrong size tins...twice, so I just figured out how to make them work. The round card that my very talented sister-in-law did is a hinge card and it slides open when you pull on the ribbon. It is very cool. The green card has a beautiful glass embelishment on it that has a velcro closure attatched to it. The music card has actual music on it. How cool is that? And the card with the flowers on it has dimensionals under several of the flowers and the saying. These women are so talented. My card is the one with the big pink flower in the middle. I have wanted to try to make one and it was a lot of fun.

Here is a picture of the tin on the inside and my sister-in-law's card open so you can see how it works.




Next month we are doing a one sheet wonder template where you take one sheet of designer paper and cut it into 16 pieces to make 16 different cards. I tend to struggle with this challenge but I say bring it on. Gives me a chance to go play with my papercrafting toys and unwind.

Now I need to go cut tags for my tag class next week. Soon as I get them finalized and am happy with them I will post a picture. Hope you get a chance to do something you love to do today!

2 comments:

{krista} said...

Oh my gosh! Those are SO CUTE!!! I love that easter bunny card.

Julia said...

I know. My sister-in-law is amazing. I always feel like I hit the mini-lotto when I come home from my swap group.