Monday, January 12, 2009

ATC cards and friends


Last week I said Weds. I was going to stamp. Didn't happen. Ended up on the Wii a lot of the day. Anyway, for my swap group we are supposed to make ATC (artist trading cards) with a Valentine theme. I have never done any of these, so it was fun to try. You can put them on the front of a regular size card and have a quick card to give to someone, or leave them small and use it as a tag. It was good to get back in my "room" and create something fun again. I don't think my hubby likes it much because of the time and the lack of attention for him, but he puts up with it and is a good sport.

Anyway, yesterday I had a nice surprise. I walked around the corner and there stood a very dear friend of mine that I didnt' think I would see for another year. I was so glad to see her I started to cry. I am sure that surprised both of us! I got to have a good talk with her after church and before before she had to go again. I am looking forward to her coming home in a year. She is so wise and I always feel like I am a little bit better person after I spend time with her.

Today I got to go to lunch with another good friend. It is always so nice to get some girlfriend time to decompress and talk life through with out being judged in any way. I am so blessed to have several of these friends who I count as my "sister" friends. I hope they feel the same. I also hope my girls are learning the importance of having good friends who stand behind you and give you the support that only a friend can give. I know my baby enjoys our lunch dates as much as I do. I am not so sure I should be teaching her this young, but she just cracks me up trying to act like one of the girls.

Now I am back at home and facing the realities of life. Laundry, housecleaning, all the fun stuff. The joys of being a stay at home mom.....and I am so glad that I can stay at home.

1 comment:

{krista} said...

Oh, those are so cute!!! I love it. Gave me some cute ideas for blog templates!

I wished we lived closer so we could hang out more, instead of just e-mail and blog comment each other. Good friends are hard to come by.