Thursday, November 6, 2008

Friends


First of all, I am a little wierd about posting my kids names on my blog. I don't know why, I have very few readers, and yet after all the scary stories you hear, I just don't want to risk it. Those who know my girls will know who I am talking about when I talk about B (my oldest), M & M (the middle child), and "my baby", even though she is three years old now. For those who don't know my girls, it really doesn't matter who is how old, just that they are three amazing girls who keep me hopping. Silly I know, but makes me feel just a little bit better.


Anyway, today was supposed to be a major playdate day at our house. I am not good at arranging playdates. I forget how I used to spend every waking hour I could at my friend's houses. Anywhere was better than my house. Not that my house was a bad place, it just wasn't as fun as somewhere else. My children seem to have inherited the love of playing at thier friends houses. Today however, things just haven't worked out for them and here they sit waiting for the phone to ring. Takes me back to the good ol' days, except back then we could just hop on our bikes and see who was out and about. I also understand why my mom wanted us outside. More quiet, less mess. I am trying to get the nerve up to call one of "my baby's" friends for a playdate, but the thought of two three year olds running the house just makes me twitch.


I have also thought alot today about how lucky I am to have the great friends I have. Not all women are blessed with other women they can trust. I have old friends and new friends, all of whom I treasure. As I watch my girls wait for the phone to ring, I know I still get excited when my friends call to go to lunch, head to the mall, or just hang out. The playgroup we have belonged to still goes to lunch monthly even though I am the only one with children still at home. I know the past year I have relied on my friends a lot and am so thankful for the amazing circle of friends I have.


I wanted to share the fun ornament I made today while stampin with one of my friends. It is for my card swap next week. It is fairly simple to put together if you don't mind a glitter mess. I cut the snowflakes out of chipboard using the big shot and the large snowflake die. Then I used versamark to put heat and stick powder over the entire snowflake. Melt the heat and stick powder with a heat gun and sprinkle with the cosmo glitter from Stampin UP. Then I just put a ribbon through one of the hole and it makes a cute ornament with lots of sparkle. I hope the women in my group like them. They are very talented and I feel blessed to be able to be a part of thier group also.


Well M&M just got a call for a playdate tomorrow. The day is not lost and now we just need to figure out what to do for B. Looks like another day full of friends at our house tomorrow.......and that is always a good thing.

1 comment:

{krista} said...

We just don't do playdates, then we have nothing to worry about.

That snowflake is beautiful!!!