Friday, November 21, 2008

What about Bob?


One year ago today our lives got turned upside down. My brother-in-law lost a four day battle with menangitis and everything seemed to fall apart. It all started with a head-ache. Don't ever think that a head-ache is not a big deal. It is. We had a three day vigil at the hospital and went home broken hearted the day before thanksgiving. Not exactally what we were expecting. I still think about him every day. He was the big brother I always wanted. He was my hubby's business partner and best friend. I think I called Bob more than my hubby because Bob carried his phone and my hubby was never far away. He was the kind of person that would do anything for you, no matter what you needed. I thought he would always be around. I have learned some valuable lessons, don't take those you love for granted and you never know how long you are going to be here on this earth. We were lucky enough to have a great time with Bob about a week before he went into the hospital. The company convention just happened to be in Orlando and we got to go with Bob. His family couldn't go so we got him all to ourselves. It was awesome. He spoiled our girls rotten. He and my baby pestered each other the whole trip, both of them loving every minute of it. I cannot express how blessed we were to have this time with him. This is a picture of him and B and M&M in the tea cups. He wasn't feeling very good that day but was a good sport anyway and rode anything they wanted him to. What a blessing it is that we got to spend that time with him. The last time I saw him before he endedup in the hospital he was headed out of the airport laughing hysterically about the poop incident on the plane. If you don't know what that is, I will have to share sometime. It's worth a laugh. It's a good way to remember him. I am a little bit bitter about the fact my baby will forget him. She is getting ripped off. If nothing else take a minute today and tell those you love that you love them. Don't take them for granted. Who knows when they won't be around anymore. And to Bob, we miss you and we love you. We are not enjoying your extended vacation, but know you are in a good place. Hug the ones you love. Now I am off to get ready to go to twilight.........

1 comment:

{krista} said...

That was a really nice tribute to Bob today! Thanks for sharing it.