Sunday, November 30, 2008

Let the festivities begin



Thanksgiving week is always the start of the Christmas madness. This year was a little different but ended up about the same. My hubby surprised me with a trip to a nearby town the day before Thanksgiving and we traded in my car. The new car is nice, with a new payment. Go figure....we just got the old one paid for. Anyway, after a mad scramble to get the house straightened up because I had spent the day buying a car, not getting ready for company, things actually ended up pretty good. The food was good, the company was great and I was very thankful to have them all go home happy. I did find out that my sweet potato casserole tastes like old gym socks according to my cousin, and I am still wondering how he would know that. (He just doesnt' like sweet potato's).

I did break my annual shopping the day after Thanksgiving tradition. After we lost Bob last year the shopping wasn't quite so important anymore. So I snuggled up in bed with my laptop and did my shopping online. It was fabulous. I got to sleep until I wanted to get up and didn't have to fight the crowds once. I don't know if I can ever go back to fighing the crowds and coming home bloodied.

Now the house is all decorated and looking festive thanks to my sweet hubby. I am not thrilled with the girls being introduced to how to get themselves on the roof, but it looks fabulous and we are ready to start this holiday season.

1 comment:

{krista} said...

Eeek, does getting on the roof involve climbing out their bedroom window?

So what kind of new car did you get? Isn't it great when they surprise us with little things like that? I'm hoping it will be a few more years before I get another one of those surprises!