Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Home again, Home again....


It is always nice to come home from a trip away from home, but this trip was a little different. First of all, I don't have any pictures of the trip because I left the camera home so the girls could take pictures of Halloween for me. (Don't they look amazing, except for little miss "I don't want to wear my pink cowgirl hat"). I am always excited for a little break away from home, and it's even better if I get to go on an airplane. Second, Who plans a convention over Halloween? Just about killed me to leave the girls. They have planned next years convention over Halloween too, so there is a good chance we won't be going. The third reason we were dragging our feet is this is the first time we have ever had to make our own travel arrangements. Pretty sad, but that was my brother-in-law Bob's job. Bob passed away almost a year ago and it was really hard to even think about convention without him, let alone do his job. He was on our mind all week-end, but we managed. It just wasn't the same without him.


When we got there, time just went too fast. This was my first time to Tucson. The hotel was amazing. (We stayed at the JW Marriot Resort and Spa) The weather was gorgeous. I had the opportunity to just sit back and relax for the whole week-end. I really could have stayed a few more days. Being pampered is something I could get used to. I don't think I would ever want to live there, but it was just the thing I needed. I got to experience things I never knew existed. For breakfast one morning we got to go to a sashet bar. We got to take a cute little bag and put aromatherapy stuff in it to make your purse smell gook. It was fun to put that together, although my hubby thought it looked like a bag of marajuana. He is such a man. For dinner that night I experienced my first "tasting menu." If you don't know what that is, you get three small portions of an appetizer, main menu and desert. The presentation was amazing. If you are ever in the Tucson area and have some extra $ to spend, I would highly recommend Acacia for dinner. The little protions were really cute, and a lot of fun. We don't have much of that kind of stuff where I live. I even got to taste the Arizona version of Kobe beef. It was delicious. Anyway, it was really hard to get on the plane and come home.


Now that I am home I have an adorable three year old who will not stray more than about a foot from me and she would really rather be on my lap. I am once again drowning in laundry, trying to figure out where grandma put stuff while we were gone, and getting everyone back on a schedule.


One really strange thing I found when we got home was a soaking wet roll of toilet paper on the counter in the laundry room. I really wondered if grandma was losing it. Then after a monster storm last night, I walked in the laundry room to find a bunch of soaking wet stuff on the counter again, right where the toilet paper had been. Apparently we have sprung a leak in the roof somewhere. Not exactally what I wanted to come home to, but at least I know grandma is not losing it, in fact that roll of toilet paper probably soaked up what would have been a big mess.


Anyway, happy voting today. We have gone and voted and now all we can do is hope for the best. Happy Tuesday!


1 comment:

{krista} said...

Aw, they are beautiful! Is that the new carpet? I LOVE it! I want that same color!!!

And Cody says that JW Marriots are the BEST! Especially the one in Las Vegas. Someday we'll go stay there, when we are rich and have nothing better to spend our money on.

I hope the leak is an easy fix. Eek!