Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving circus in the making

This morning when I woke up I still was not sure if we were having anyone coming to our house for Thanksgiving this year....yea, the one in three days. I have invited several of my family, but they were apparently holding out for a better offer. First my sister called. She would come, if no one else were coming but decided to stay home and have a quiet day this year. Smart move. Then came the call from my brother who wanted to know if I really wanted them to come or not. If I didn't want you to come, I probably wouldn't have invited you, but whatever.....didn't help with his decision. So I went to the grocery store to buy food for 5..... or 15 people. Take your pick. I chose somewhere in between. Then the call from mom came. We have decided to accept your invitation, and your brother and his boys are coming too. Ok, first I had to recover from the shock. I have invited them for at least 10 years. This year they must be desperate, because this is the first year they have ever come. Then came the question "What about aunt "B"?" My mom said she's a big girl and can figure it out. So being the good daughter that I am I called and invited aunt "B" who is now coming with one of my favorite cousins. I am very excited about that since I don't see him nearly as much as I should. So our usually quiet Thanksgiving has turned into somewhat or a fiasco. Good or bad I don't know. What I do know is the pressure is on. I have two days to get my house in order and prepare a thanksgiving dinner for my family. Granted the pies are in a box in the freezer with the rolls, and everything else is pretty simple too. That's just how I roll. It is a new adventure and I hope it comes out alright. If not we will go back to our quiet thanksgiving dinner we usually have and either way we will have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments: